Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Double Baby-Shower~



October 15th was a very special day! My mom and Paula Moch (and I helped with a lot of the preparations) threw Marie & Timothy and Elsie & I and baby shower at the Steele Senior Citizens Center. About 50 friends and family members came to help us celebrate and showered us with gifts!

Kathy and Rachael came Saturday afternoon....
 Heather C. and Anna U. came early to help out. :) We had a full house Saturday night!


My parents made both Elsie and Timothy a diaper cake. :D

 Mom bought some real cakes too. I ended up digging out my cake decorating supplies as the one cake had a typo  (Andraw instead of Andrew)...
 Our family of 3. :) 
Michael left shortly after this and he and several other guys went over the
seed-cleaning plant to visit and play Ping-Pong.
 Paula brought coloring supplies for any littles who wanted to color. There ended up being a LOT of babies and little children. The balloons were pretty POPular.
 Paula also made this super cute fruit cradle...
 We had a great kitchen crew (Anna U, Josephine L, and Heather C are pictured here).
Jenny, Everett, and Rachael helping get ready...
 Lauretta helping by babysitting for me and Sarena. :)
 The daddies--trying to help "Grandma" get a good photo...
 Yeah. Elsie wasn't enjoying the picture taking....
 Marie visiting with our dear neighbor, Shirley S.... (Shirley made us quilts for our babies!)
 Hannah and Christy D. signing the guestbook sheets while Julia and Ivy N. look on...
 Paula, holding Lauretta's little guy, Curtis...
 Amanda B. and a couple of her kiddos...
 Friends from our church: Betty Jo G, MaryEllen I, and our Pastor's wife, Vangie K...
 It was wonderful having many of my MN family members come to help us celebrate (and help us with the work!) :)
Grandma Kathy with little Elsie....
 The proud grandmothers...
 Rachael (Michael's sister), Kathy, Elsie and I....
 My mom did a great job as MC... (see the balloons falling down?)
 What a great day with so many friends! Too bad there wasn't time to visit much with any of them.
 I had found a pretty tough word scramble online and printed it out for everyone to attempt to do.
 There's my Vonn boy (with the balloon) and Amelia M....and so many others. :) 
 Balloon fight!
 We were all very happy that Marie's parents and youngest siblings were able to come be a part of the shower too. They don't want their photos posted online but there are pictures of Marie with them for their own viewing.
 The diaper-changing relay!
 Awwww....so sweet! 
~Marie and Timothy~
 Glad I don't have to change Elsie's diapers this way!
 Awwww....so sweet!
 Kathy and Marie's mom ran the diaper relay game. It was pretty humorous!
 The lady in blue at the far end of the table was our midwife, Luci. :)
 Rachael wrote a Mad-lib and, after going around the room and asking people questions to fill in the blanks, she read the end result and it was SO funny!
 YES! Lauretta was there too! :)  She welcomed everyone as they came and had them sign the guestbook pages.  It was so special to see each other again, this time with both of us being mothers. :)
 My dear friends, Heather and Rachel C....and our friend, Denice M.
 As I said, we were showered with gifts!!
 After most folks had left, our guys returned for supper and Michael helped me open our gifts. :)
Andrew and Marie didn't open their gifts until the next day,
but invited all the family to come watch. Elsie and I did just that.






Grandma Marly and her 2 newest great-grandchildren. :D

It was a wonderful weekend! 

~We are so blessed.~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.