Sunday, March 20, 2016

Two more farm additions...

After much prayer and consideration, we decided that the farm by Napoleon was not the place for us.   We'd appreciate continued prayers as we seek for our future home.
~~~~~~~~
I took this picture a couple weeks ago when the Littles were here. Vonn sure loves the animals. :)

 When at their house, the children and I smashed open a cute cupcake pinata that Zach & Paula had bought and filled with candy and fun things to play with. It was in honor of my birthday. 
I sure work for a wonderful family!!
 My brother, Jacob is pretty excited that he got his pickup up and running now. 
 Here's a current picture of our milk cow, Ivy.  She is getting so very friendly. She loves licking our boots.

Now, about our most recent farm additions:

Last Sunday, Michael and I went to Dickinson to buy 3 llamas.  Long story short, we were only able to catch 1 (which is all we really wanted anyway), so we now have 1 llama to guard our flock.  
His name is Oscar and he is starting to trust us. He's very attentive and will hopefully keep our sheep safe.


While in the area, we stopped to visit Lee & Lauretta!!  We ate lunch with them and visited for as long as we could before needing to head home for chores. It was SOOO good to see my "old" friend again!

On Friday, we rode along with my dad and Jacob over to the Orr Consignment Auction near Jamestown. 
Michael (and I, although it will be mostly him driving it, I'm sure) bought..........





...................a....................







........TRACTOR!  
 ...and this is what it looked like after the long, snowy ride home.
I think my husband is quite excited to have his very own tractor. :)

Yesterday, we had my family (minus Andrew who is down in Texas still) over for home-fellowship (listening to an on-line sermon and singing hymns), a meal and games. 

Today, I've been working on odd jobs around the house. I can hardly wait for it to really feel like Spring so I can plant the garden and such. I've begun a crochet project...

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. I am soo glad that Oscar is starting to warm to you! I am REALLY glad that Michael was able to get himself a tractor but are you sure you brought home the one you bought? It doesn't look the same. ;) Thanks for posting! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cora. I have just commented on your google blog post. It is a joy to know people of God and get connected with them. Will be praying for Lord to show you a farm for your future home. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.