Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Will blogging ever be "Back to normal"?


Paula and I were talking about my blog yesterday and were commenting how it might never again be on a daily basis that I post about our lives. Life is just getting fuller and busier than it has ever been before! 
BUT, I do not plan to completely abandon this little spot on the Web, so I hope some of you will check in from time to time still. :)

God answered our prayers favorably and we were able to sell our calf to a lady west of Jamestown. Michael & I delivered the heifer to her new owners on Friday morning, before going to our next pre-marriage counseling session with the Kyners and then going from there to the Crystal Springs Baptist camp for the Labor Day Family Camp work day. Andrew met us there later and brought over the camper. 
 While the guys helped with putting sheetrock up in a building on the campgrounds, I was busy picking rocks (yes, picking rocks!) and scrubbing decks and tables and chairs off.

Mr. Israel Wayne and his wife, Brook were the speakers at camp this time. It was really neat to meet Brook finally, as I feel like I've known her for a long time from reading about her and Israel's betrothal when I was a young teenager. She's very sweet and gentle, just the way I'd imagined her to be. 

Before I post the few pictures I have from camp, here are a couple of the ever-growing-and-changing boy, Vonn Gunner. :)  I babysat yesterday and today and will have this little guy here tomorrow. 

 He still enjoys his bottle from time to time. :)
OH, and Jacob and I got a pen set up and let the turkeys outside. They're really enjoying their new freedom.

I've been busy with trying to keep up with the garden, although I'm feeling quite behind. I've made a lot of pickles and tomato sauce, and yesterday made peach jam and chokecherry jelly. Today I started dehydrating zucchini. Tomorrow I need to turn my attention to tomatoes again. AND cabbage that Michael's mom sent me...

~~~ 

Back to camp:
Saturday and Sunday were both cloudy and cool days, not very ideal for playing in the water, but that didn't stop everybody.
 Water-skiing was popular, as usual.

 ...And guess who learned how it's done??

 Yep, my guy!
Doesn't he look like a pro already? :)

This was right before we decided to go change and go swimming (and went down the water slide a few times too). That didn't last long though, before it was time to warm up again. 
 One of our camp friends captured this moment on her camera.  Michael and I were on separate teams in the "Amazing race", and we had just received our instructions and were just getting up from the tables to get started, when I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see who it might be.... :)  
I sure do love my Michael!!
 My mom came over on Sunday for the day. We all went home Sunday night.

Monday (Labor Day), we got to work. My dad, Michael, my brothers and I cleaned up the mess of old stinky grain on the pavement behind our new business in Steele, (Mid Dakota Grain Processing), and Michael also mowed the lawn up there and I took the big weed-whacker around the building and under a bin, but then ran out of string and had to stop. 
 Andrew was knocking down old dusty stuff...
 ...as was Michael...
 Jacob and I swept it together and Dad loaded it up...
 I should have taken a "Before" picture, but believe me when I say that this is a huge improvement.
This last picture is, well, just because. :)
Michael and I got a little more wedding planning done before he had to leave Tuesday morning.

AND we have some big news!!!  
Michael and I purchased our first vehicle together!! :) We want something reliable and fuel efficient for our honeymoon (and for other times too, but especially for that). Our car is currently at Michael's place, as Michael's Pastor, Dan rode with Michael to Fargo and drove it home for us. I'll share pictures at another time. I have to see it first...

This weekend, I/we'll be heading for Minnesota for Michael's brother, James' wedding!  SO much love and joy is in the air these days. 

THANK YOU, LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.