Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A picture post

Last Sunday morning, Michael helped us tag 10 or so calves because a buyer was coming the next day to take all of the pairs and most of the bred cows too.
 A fawn that Michael & I saw by a fence...  
It was so tiny and cute and just held perfectly still while we looked at it.

Monday was a very full day! The guys from Centennial Homes came to move the house onto the site...
 ...you know, the polka dot site.
 It was pretty amazing to watch!
 Directing the driver...
 Around 1:00, the cattle buyer and the veterinarian arrived to PG (pregnancy check) the cows.  We had a few troubles with the cows not cooperating, but everyone was kept safe, thankfully.

Michael, my very dear friend. :) 
 The cows the buyer didn't take...
 After loading up and sending one small trailer down the road, we all went over to watch the house moving project some more. It wasn't long after that when Michael said his goodbyes to my family and I and headed back to his land of lakes... :(
 Mid-afternoon, the truck pulled in for the rest of the cows and calves.  Pretty adorable little herd here, huh?
 "Shoooo babies, shoooo."
 My dad, Andrew and I went up in the trailer with the buyer and his daughter to help them retag and band the (bull) calves...
 Then it was back across the road again. 
Dad and Jacob in the "breezeway" of the new house...  ;)
 Serving the two workers (and us) some ice cream in the middle of the house, as it was such a hot day...
 Jacob, bringing the skidsteer over to do some cleanup work...
 Yesterday was another sweltering day...but much got done in spite of the heat.
 Paula brought Vonn over so I could babysit him for a few hours while she went to Bismarck. He slept for a little while, but then was curious about everything that was going on.
 I got to see the girls when Paula came to pick Vonn up again. Love getting hugs from them!! 
They brought an ice cream cake AND...
 ...a cute little chick----because we lost our chicks, you know, 
and this one should NOT be tempting to cats!  Paula is so thoughtful and is teaching the girls to be so too. :)
I spent part of the morning in the garden and found these lovely daffodils blooming...

 My mom planted the rest of our flowers in the front flower bed...
 I tilled up a couple spots where we'll plant the tomatoes, cabbages, broccoli, and cauliflower that we started in the greenhouse. I got the peppers and 14 tomatoes planted before it started to rain, and it's kept sprinkling here and there all day long.
 That made this day a lot cooler for the guys and they were still able to work out of doors. They got the siding finished...
 My dad was over there helping all day. There were 2 guys working inside the house today, and the electrician came; the plumber was here yesterday; and the propane tank arrived this morning. It won't be long now and my folks will be able to move in!!!  Hooray!
Andrew left early this morning to go to MN. He will be gone until Monday, I think, working on a film project with several others.  I'm sure he'll have a marvelous time.

There, I'm mostly caught up now. 
There still is at least one more days worth of blogging to share at a later date... :)

Please continue to pray for my grandparents. Grandpa Earl had surgery yesterday morning and will hopefully start to feel better now. Also, Michael said that his grandma is really close to the end now, so please keep their whole family in prayer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.