Saturday, June 27, 2015

Painting and Prairie Days....and paintings AT Prairie Days~

Yesterday, my mom and I started the big and rather tedious job of painting all the ceilings and walls in their new home.  It took a while to get everything set up, but then we got the ceilings painted in the master bedroom, bathroom, and a good sized storage closet. It will be more fun when we're actually putting colors on the walls instead of just painting white over white. :)




This morning, Andrew & I headed West to attend the Dagley's annual Prairie Days. We've gone to Prairie Days every year (except last year) for 12 years. It was really good to see so many old friends and to get caught up a little bit on what's going on in their lives---and to update them on what's going on in my/our lives.

 There were so many new babies to see too!
 My long-time friend, Susanna, figuring out how to use a drop-spindle...
I played croquet with friends for a while...

And yes, there was a (water color) painter at Prairie Days: Mrs. B...
It was really neat to watch her work.
It is such a blessing to have Christian friends---to encourage and pray with and yes, even to struggle through life together with at times, reminding each other to keep looking to God for the wisdom and strength and comfort needed. Many people face challenges that we know nothing of when we see their smiling faces. Then, we discover the trials they're really going through...and see how much trust and courage it takes to keep that smile going....and it is just a good reminder to keep ALL our brothers and sisters (in the Lord) in prayer as God brings them to mind, as they may be struggling in ways we'd never have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.