Monday, August 17, 2015

Ketchup time...

Oops, I mean, "Catch up" time.

This is nearly disgraceful, how much time has passed since I posted last. *shocked face*
I shall attempt to get caught up here yet this evening, although I may let the pictures do most of the speaking.

That Friday (over a week ago), Andrew decided he would indeed attend the Lake Itasca music festival, so my mom and I were able to catch a ride with him there. Michael arrived before us, so gave us a warm welcome. :) 

 After listening to the music for a couple hours, Michael, my mom, and I went to see the Mississippi headwaters. Michael had been there earlier in the day and wanted to take us, and I'm really glad we went!
 Our destination...
 Michael, crossing the mighty Mississippi!
 "Nothing to it". :)
 My mom crossed in a different fashion...
 The trails were so pleasant there, as long as you were careful to stay away from the poison ivy...
 Michael found some Touch-me-nots which I'd never touched before, but now I have.  What a fun little plant! 
 Too bad this one blurred, as I love pictures of my sweetheart and I. :) He's so tall.....or am I just short? Hmmm
 The next day (Saturday), my mom, Kathy, Jenny's mom (Dana), James, Jenny, Michael & I headed down towards Litchfield, MN to eat a delicious meal that Michael's grandma Joyce and Rachael had prepared. Then, it was off to the double bridal shower that Michael's Aunt's had planned for Jenny and I.
 The party was held in a lovely gazebo (and yes, it was raining when we got there).   One of the Aunts had worked hard to get both our wedding colors incorporated into the decorations..... Jenny's yellow and my watermelon, with red and green highlights here and there. :)
 The cake with two sets of rings on it...
 The Brides-to-be, Jenny and me...
 Guess who? 
 My future family: 
Jenny, Rachael (Michael's sister), and Kathy (Michael's mom)
 Loved the hats they made for us!

 Someone called these guys to come help load things up after the shower was over. Of course, we had to get a picture with them. :) 
So, do Michael and James look like brothers?  They sure act like brothers!
 The four of us "love birds" went shopping in St. Cloud that evening. 
We made a rather long stop at Tip Top Tux... I have pictures of that, but they will remain a surprise for the time being.

Back at the farm, I like to go out to the barn to help with a few chores, although they all have their routine, so I feel more in the way than anything at times. But, I was able to help Michael move the electric fences around, and managed to get stung by a bee for the first time in my life. It was nice to find out that I'm not allergic to the venom. 

 The next day, Sunday was MICHAEL'S 26th BIRTHDAY!!! 
We all went to church, then Randall (the small town near their farm) had a community meal, so we all went to that and ate almost too much. Michael and I went to a movie later in the day (after he opened his presents).

Monday morning, we helped my mom load up Michael's car with shower gifts and her luggage and she headed for home. Michael and I headed for the fairgrounds to help set up for the fair, but most of that was already done, so we just walked around and looked at the grounds before heading to our next destination:
PAWS Floral in Atwater, MN. Michael's aunt Kim's sister, Katie is the owner there and we picked out flowers for our wedding. That went a lot faster than I thought it might.

While in the area, we toured the college that Michael attended; Michael showed me his aunt's dairy where he used to work and stay over the winter months; and Michael took me out to eat at a Mexican restaurant.

Along the way, we stopped to get a picture with this big bird. :)


 The next day found us touring the church where we'll be married (please pardon the bug splots)...
 I was told to get pictures of the kitchen, so I did....
 Then, on the way to my family's farm, we stopped in Jamestown to have our next marriage counseling session with the Kyners. :)

Michael stayed at our place until Saturday afternoon, so we got a lot of wedding planning accomplished, mainly focusing on getting the invitations ready (addressed, stamped, sealed).

On August 12th, Michael and I wished each other a happy anniversary, as it was one year since we first said "Hello" to each other. :) God has done many marvelous things in that year!!!  
I'm SO grateful. 

My mom asked Michael to put up some curtain rods in the new house, so he did that. This is in the guest room, where Michael stays now when he visits.
 The Morning Glories are taking over the chair!
 My dad and Jacob (and Andrew, before he left to combine for neighbors) worked on building the deck for the new house today. 
I babysat Vonn today, and made some more pickles and banana bread.

And now I really need to post this and get some sleep, as tomorrow will be another busy day.

3 comments:

  1. Love the bridal shower colors - so beautiful! Looks like such a great time! Btw would y'all happen to be German??? Sorry that's a little random, but the name sounds so European and I've heard a lot of ND people are german! I have lots of friends from there and just love Europe! Oh, and the language too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Abigail. :) My family and I are mostly German, yes. Just a tiny bit o' Irish on my dad's side. Michael's family is primarily Swedish, with a touch of German as well. You are correct. There are a lot of Germans in ND. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so - y'all even have some German features! I was gonna guess Danish or Dutch too, but wasn't sure. Last year I was able to spend a lot of time with a lovely older couple from Sweden while in Israel! Although they were in their sixties or seventies, they acted like newlyweds ... so cute and sweet! I have lots of friends in Germany and Switzerland, and hope to layover there for a couple days on my next trip, to see friends. Oh, and I forgot to say, congratulations on the new house and business! Hope everything goes well! Blessings!

      Delete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.