Friday, August 7, 2015

Mid Dakota Grain Processing, LLC.

Yesterday was a BIG day in my family's life, as we got the keys to the business we're buying in Steele, ND!!
What was formerly known as Double S will now be Mid Dakota Grain Processing. Basically, this is an expansion to my dad and brother's grain cleaning business, and now they can clean Certified seed. They plan to keep operating their mobile rigs as well as Mid Dakota (stationary). When Michael and I are married, Michael will be joining the business, which is why we'll be living in North Dakota. :) Prayers would be very much appreciated as we step into this new venture.

 It's been amazing watching how God has opened doors for this to happen! We now realize what a blessing it was that we sold our cows, as we'll be plenty busy with grain cleaning from here on out (already have a couple large jobs lined up).  My dad has been so busy this week with getting everything changed over to our names and getting insurance set up, etc......  For future reference, the phone number of MDGP is 

701-475-4751

This is such a year of changes for our family..... Selling most of our cattle herd; me getting engaged and married (eventually); Grandpa passing away; my parent's getting their new house and moving in; our land-lady (who we rent some farmland from) passing away; and now buying a business and branching out. Wow.

Here are a few pictures of Mid Dakota Grain: 

 Looking to the North:
 Looking to the South: 
The grain cleaning units are on the right in this picture...
 Mom and I took lunch up to the guys yesterday and I swept the office floor as my contribution to getting things in order. ;)


 The former owner said he plans to clean the two upper office rooms yet...
 .....I say, "Good".
 The little spot for storage and tools...


~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I haven't been keeping up with my blog very well lately, and I'm afraid it isn't going to get any better any time soon, as my mom and I are going to be gone for a few days now. Andrew is heading for the Lake Itasca Music Festival in MN later today and Mom and I plan to ride along because Michael will come and pick we ladies up and take us to the Dalquist farm. 

On Saturday, Michael's Mom's side of the family is throwing a double bridal shower for my future sister-in-law, Jenny and myself. Sunday is MICHAEL'S BIRTHDAY! Monday, we plan to go pick out what the guys in our wedding will wear and also stop at Michael's Aunt's sister's flower shop and talk about flowers for our special day. Tuesday, we'll go tour the church near Christine (Michael hasn't seen it yet and the time I was there for a wedding, I wasn't paying very close attention to things like the number of tables and pews...). Michael and I will have our next marriage counseling session in Jamestown. My mom will drive Michael's car to my place and Michael & I will bring his pickup so he gets one of his vehicles transferred to ND.  Then, Michael will stay here a couple days and learn about Mid Dakota Grain and hopefully we can get to Bismarck too to get his ring re-resized (still too small) and buy some camping equipment with the gift cards I got at my first bridal shower. :)  I'm SO very much looking forward to this vacation in MN!!!

God be with you 'til we meet again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.