Sunday, March 10, 2013

Broccoli, broccoli, broccoli...

When we placed our last Azure Standard order, my mom ordered a case of organic broccoli.  SO, we've been eating lots of broccoli the last few days, and today Jacob helped me cut the rest up; blanch and bag it; then put it in the freezer.  We got 10 quarts out of what was left, minus the 4 heads I left out for eating.    I also made another gallon of yogurt; 2 quarts of kefir; and some peanut butter cookies. 

I washed my bedding, amongst other laundry, and redusted and vacuumed my room, as we're having sleepover company tomorrow night and my room gets used as the guest room at times like this.  :)




Andrew worked on memorizing the history lessons for the Appleseed Program and spent a lot of time on the phone with a gentleman who's helping him.    He also fixed our Turbo Oven that broke AGAIN.

My dad and Jacob worked on building more shelving in the shop with the lumber my dad bought last week for that purpose. 

My mom was gone all day for a class with Elizabeth H. and is still not home.  My mom and Elizabeth will be hosting a meeting tomorrow (Monday) evening in Napoleon to talk about the health modality called "BodyTalk".  If anyone is interested in attending, you can contact my mom (A Ray of Hope) or me for details. 

Those are the highlights of this lovely day.  Oh, yes, several cows pushed the panels apart up by the water tank and made their escape to enjoy the springish weather!






2 comments:

  1. I enjoy eating broccoli with fish and pasta though I just boil it and eat it with butter.

    The peanut butter cookies sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was funny that you wrote this, as my mom and I had just assembled a similar casserole (broccoli, salmon, and rice) for supper last night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.