Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Up, up, up and away...

Well, I returned home last night from my week-long adventure (minus the +day that their grandma stayed with them) of being "Mom for a week".   It was fun and the time really flew by!

Today, I spent part of the day unpacking, as I had never really unpacked from the home school convention, as I needed many of the same things while being gone babysitting.  I also baked bread for the guys and made another gallon of yogurt.  

My dad asked for my help in getting a cow/calf pair in the barn (one that calved today), as there was another young cow who was claiming the baby and not letting the real pair bond.  When we went out there, however, the 2 cows had other things in mind and the calf was not in a walking mood yet, so we had to leave them be for a while.  Later after evening chores, my dad, Andrew and I played the part of Solomon and decided which of the 2 "Mothers" got to keep the baby.  The true mama and baby are in the barn now.   That makes a grand total of 3 live calves now.   Let the calving season begin!!!  The guys are taking turns getting up at night now to check that all is well.    Two nights ago, I brought my young charges over to the farm again for chores and playground time and then my dad and Andrew had to bring one of the calves into the house to warm it up.  The children thought that was pretty neat----to have a calf in a kitchen.  :)    Thankfully, the calf was able to go out to the barn the next day and is doing well now.

My mom had a young pilot client here today who, after his session, offered to take my brothers up in his airplane this afternoon.  They were more than thrilled and Andrew took his camera along to take pictures.  I hope he'll post some soon or let me share them here....   They flew over our place and got several neat pictures of the cows; our shooting range; and the whole farm.   The plane was a 2-person plane, so the pilot friend took Jacob up first, then landed and picked up Andrew.  That was an unexpected treat for my brothers...

Tomorrow marks the start of grain cleaning.  Busy, busy times!  May God keep us all safe and strong---and all of you too.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.