Saturday, March 23, 2013

Home again, home again...

This morning around 11:00, the neighbor children's grandma Ann came up (all the way from Kintyre) to take over in the babysitting department for a while.  SO, tonight I'm sleeping in my own bed.  :)  I actually feel blessed to have been sleeping so well these past 4 nights on the M.'s couch, but it still is nice to be home.   The children (Amelia, James and Michael) and I cleaned the main-floor of their house yesterday and were done by lunch-time, as they all wanted to help with the vacuuming and dishes, so things went quickly.  We spent the rest of the day playing "Restaurant" and tag and some games that I'd taken along and baking cookies, oh yes, and they all took a nap.  It was the first day that Johanna and Tracy Jo weren't there as well, so we were able to play more "Big kid" type games.  It's been really nice that Amelia has been helping a lot with caring for Johanna and Tracy when they're there.  She told me that, someday, when she grows up, she wants to be a babysitter just like me. 

I'll be resuming the position of "Mom-for-a-week" tomorrow (late) afternoon and will stay with them until Tuesday night when their parents will return from Florida.

Meanwhile, at home, I'm not even sure what's all be going on?  :)  The house looked nice and clean when I got home this morning and there was good food to eat, and the animals are all alive and well, so I know they've been busy!   My dad did hurt his back by twisting funny, so he had to see a chiropractor yesterday.  There have been no more calves born since Jacob's on Monday, for which we're glad, as it's been cold and snowy.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, but am not promising anything, as I want to get lots of things done before leaving again.

Good night, all you dear peoples.  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.