Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Short a member...

My dad, brothers and I loaded up the one bred heifer and 3 light-weight calves we had this morning and Andrew took off for the Turtle Mountains.  His trip was dual-purpose I believe, both for the purpose of delivering the cattle and for visiting our B. friends up there after the delivery was completed.  :)  He'll be back tomorrow evening sometime, I'm guessing.  We were glad to hear that the roads were good all the way there, even after the recent snowstorm.

My parents went to Bismarck today for several purposes (farm loan paperwork; clients; shopping).  When they arrived home, I was just finishing up with Jacob's haircut, so they "Let" me finish, then sent me to my room for a while, as they said there were things I couldn't see in the boxes they brought home.  Hmmmmm....  I guess that's what happens when your birthday is just 2 days away.  ;) 

I made some yummy coconut flour muffins today, banana flavored with chopped walnuts for extra yumminess.  I also experimented with some seasoned flax/almond crackers. 

This evening, my parents weren't home yet at chores time, so Jacob fed the cows and calves and I did all of the milking (all 1 cow and 2 goats).   It is such a blessing to have milk!  But, I think I've said that before?

Until tomorrow evening, happy living and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.