Monday, January 19, 2015

Cabin Fever Family Camp 2015


We're all home again. What a wonderful time it was!!

Heading to camp Friday afternoon with Andrew in his pickup, we saw beauty all around with thick frost covering the trees and fences and, well, pretty much everything.

 As usual, the camp was very well attended. Can you imagine cooking for all of these people?
 Lots of little people everywhere!
 Chapel time! Several new songs again this time, and some good old hymns as well...
 That's Andrew in the plaid shirt. It looks like there's a good discussion going here with Mr. Loren Wissmann who was the main speaker! His wife is sitting next to him, visiting with Moses G.
 FYI: The Wissmann family's blog is linked to on my sidebar.  
The main topic of the weekend was "Serving", and the many aspects there are of serving others.
 I ventured out to the ice rink to snap a couple pictures Saturday afternoon, but didn't stay long, as there was a crisp breeze coming across the lake!
 Andrew was out on the ice and Jacob would have been, except he loaned his skates to a friend....
 Clean-up time....and visiting with Tom G.
 The cheerful C. family was there again, all the way from MT... (my mom is in the middle of Mrs. C and her mother-in-law, Mrs. C.)
 My dad and Michael talking and taking in the sunshine Sunday morning...

 Volleyball is ALWAYS popular at camp!! Here is Michael, jumping to hit the ball.. Sometimes I think it would be very nice to be tall. 
 They set up 2 nets to play "Speed volleyball", because there are just so many people who want to play!
 This table was generally busy, but Michael and I did find it empty once, so pinged and ponged the ball back and forth for quite a while... :)
 Listening to the jamming session...
 We (Michael included) stayed in a small cabin and had 2 rooms, which worked really well so we could have a "Boys" room and a "Girls" room. The bunkbeds were pretty comfortable and had NO squeaky springs!
 There is a climbing wall in the back of the gym...
 My dad played a LOT of volleyball with the other dads. You can tell he's been active, as he always has his shirt tucked in otherwise...
 This game was REALLY fun to watch!
 Mr. K's turn to serve...
 For a while, they all played with an interesting twist thrown in: Everyone had to play with only one hand! 
 Yep, it was priiittty funny!
 Figuring out teams for the "Dad" games...
 Miranda encouraging Mr. U to go play...
 There was a game played out of doors that required the players to build huge snowmen (to certain specifications), then to search for hidden objects in snow, all as quickly as possible. I took pictures of that, but didn't know what I was doing with Andrew's camera apparently and they all turned out bright white, so had to be deleted. The end part of that game was that the two winning teams had to "battle it out" on the volleyball court---with roller skates on! 
 They did remarkably well! I don't think we'll be trying this at home though.

As always, there was lots of visiting going on and plenty of delicious food to enjoy! The Sip family really does such a great job at organizing all of this and making it happen. We ALL appreciate it and are blessed and had fun "Dwelling" with our family-in-Christ over the weekend.

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity." 
~ Psalm 133:1

3 comments:

  1. Cora, this looks like so much fun!!! I am glad ya'll could go together as a family!!! What a blessing to have events to look forward to like this!! I bet the food was good, makes me hungry just thinking about it!!! ;) I love the frosty pictures too! And no, I will not be attempting the volleyball on roller skates in the near future for sure! YIKES!!!! Delighted in the Lord, Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! Looks like lots of fun!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, Cora, I LOVE to read your thoughts on what's happening in our family! I often learn things that happened too. ;) I'm so glad that Michael got to join us at camp--he sure made it extra fun! Did you notice? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.