Thursday, January 29, 2015

...and still more SOAP!

 Ok. I think I've had my fill of soap-making for a while now. :)

This was one that I made yesterday. It reminds me of a seaside...
 I looked for ideas on-line last night and found some I wanted to try, and since I was home today (and after I had the house cleaned), I decided to try some of those ideas.

This one I call my "Spearmint Experiment":
 It would really help to have level countertops I see. I thought I had it level, but as you can tell, it wasn't exactly precisely that way. Still, when you cut the soap into bars, you don't notice it nearly as much as you do in this photo.
 This is all of the soap that I made today: 
I made some little hearts and embedded them in some of the soaps for variety. 

 Here's a closer view of some of the other kinds I made. It's really fun to experiment with using different essential oils, along with using different techniques I haven't tried before...
Now, I'll either be set for gifts to give for a long time, or I need to find soap-buyers so I can make some more....or start eating it?   Hmmmmm...  I know it's "healthy soap", (chemical free and all) 
but just how healthy is it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael was hoping to come visit tomorrow, but now his dad is very sick, so please join me in praying for him! There are so many people suffering this winter. So many people to pray for! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the seaside soap there Cora dear!!!!* I've always LOVED the beaches, sand, blues and sunshine plus pretty turquoise waters!!!! Love it! :) Smiling,,,,,
    WOW, you sure have been busy!!! That spearmint soap looks good too!!! (not to eat of course!)
    I love spearmint!!!!! Oh, wow, by the way you edited that picture, it looks like the soap is as big as the table its on!!! Yikes, scared me for a second there, haha!
    Praying for Michael's Dad! Thanks for sharing, as always, Emmy
    *HINT: That seaside soap or spearmint soap would get great gift ideas for me!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora, you haven't me me (yet!) but I have been reading your blog after I heard from Kathy Dalquist that you and Michael were in a courtship. I have know Michael for years, my husband pastored the church in Cushing that the Dalquist's attended and since I was involved in youth group, I got to know Michael quite well (and my two boys were friends of Michael and James), and oh the stories I could tell! I love your blog. You are a refreshing young woman! And, I have been thinking of making soap, and seeing your soap making adventures makes me want to all the more! Want to share your secrets about the soap making? Rosanne Erickson

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty batch of soap! Love the variety of colours and patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I didn't know you made soap. Chris and I love to make soap; these are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.