Sunday, January 11, 2015

More soap...

I told a friend that I made more soap today, and my friend asked,
"Did you already use up all the soap you made??"
 
Well, no, but, it's really fun to make---at least the method I'm using is fun. Not sure I'd like mixing lye soap up very well, but the melt-and-pour method is really neat to experiment with! I've been using different essential oils to scent the soap, so not only does it look neat, but it smells great too! Some of it seems like it should be edible...  Does anybody want to buy some soap so I can make some more? ;)
 
 Mom and Andrew went to Bismarck today, as Andrew was asked to video-record a common core meeting and Mom wanted to hear it. Tomorrow, they'll be going up again to attend some hearings and such. They did not make it home in time for chores, so I milked Sally and fed the kitties and Jacob did his regular chores and he and my dad fed the cows...
I also made some Queso Blanco (more commonly known as vinegar cheese) and added some garlic and herbs to it, so we'll see how people like that.
 
Tomorrow, I get to spend the day with the 3 "Littles" (Johanna, Tracy Jo, and Vonn) as their mama calls them. :) I'd better get to sleep so I have energy to keep up with them!
 


1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to make soap, but we have the same problem, we don't use that many bar soaps in a year :) Would make nice gifts for people though.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.