Friday, January 16, 2015

~ Courtship ~

"Courtship" according to Wikipedia means:
"...the period in a couple's relationship which precedes their engagement and marriage, or establishment of an agreed relationship of a more enduring kind. During courtship, a couple get to know each other and decide if there will be an engagement or other such agreement. A courtship may be an informal and private matter between two people or may be a public affair, or a formal arrangement with family approval. Traditionally, in the case of a formal engagement, it has been perceived that it is the role of a male to actively "court" or "woo" a female, thus encouraging her to understand him and her receptiveness to a proposal of marriage."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
COURTSHIP
What a wonder-FULL word that is... :)
It makes you WONDER where God is leading?
It makes you want to dance and sing!
It makes you feel so full of hope and joy...
You find new beauty in every thing.
It makes you plan...
Makes you ponder...
As I said before,
It's a new world of WONDER!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Because of last night, I get to experience that wonder for the first time in my life!!!!!!
His name is Michael (as some of you read-between-the-line-type-of-friends have guessed already, no doubt). He called my dad last night to ask his blessing on a courtship between him (Michael) and me. After keeping him in suspense for a while (I'm guessing), while we all discussed this matter as a family, Michael finally received the answer: "YES!"
I don't know what all lies ahead. Only God knows that!
My reason for sharing this with you all is two-fold:
#1. As Michael said when I asked if it was alright with him if I share this,
 "Speak your mind! Your blog is about your life, and I'd say last night was a significant life event..."
...it is a big event and I have no desire to hide it, come what may. :)
#2. So that I might ask you all to pray earnestly for us now.......that we would know for sure where God is leading.....that we'd hear His still, small voice, and obey.
Should I tell you all a bit about Michael??

Yes?

Well, ok...
He's very tall (taller than the men in my family) and strong (comes from splitting firewood and loading thousands of deer hides into trucks). Good looking. His eyes sparkle! He loves the Lord, truly, and desires to please Him in all things! He's quiet, intelligent, and an excellent writer... Respectful. Helpful. Thoughtful... Michael plans to take over the family Organic dairy in MN, and also works for a fur buying/selling company currently. He has 2 older siblings, a brother and sister. His sister is married. He's very good at skiing---and volleyball! He likes adventures and says he'll help get rid of the over abundance of coyotes we've been hearing lately. Michael let me mix him up some "Fire Cider" once when he wasn't feeling well, and he took it several times during his visit. ;)  He has a dog named Sam. He enjoys fishing. His Dodge pickup is blue. He makes me laugh!!!
 Skiing in December...
Michael will be joining us at family camp this weekend. I am just a little excited. :)
 My blog will now be silent for a few days.
May God bless and guide us all each day that we live!
...and now I have to try to get to sleep!


7 comments:

  1. Oh I am soooooo happy for you, Cora! Michael is also very good at DUTHCH BLITZ and MAD GAB! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Cora and Michael!!! What a joyous and "big event" in both your lives! God is so good and faithful!!!! I will be praying!!! What a special time for both of you! :) In Him, Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very exciting!! So happy for you both, and we will be praying for you. Praying that you will not only grow closer together but closer to God as well! Congratulations from us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Cora! I'll be praying for both of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you!! :) You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting! Congratulations to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Cora! I'm just catching up with all this. I'm SOOO happy for you! This is so exciting!
    Praying for you!

    -April

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.