Saturday, January 3, 2015

Celebrating the new year with friends...

What a wonderful day we had on New Years Eve!
 
Lauretta, Thaddaeus and another of their brothers came over that morning to help us get the shop set up and decorated for the party AND they brought a PIANO too for the occasion!
 
 Aren't these guys great?
 "Happy New Year" they all said...

 Putting WD40 on the sticky parts of Labyrinth...
 I set up this table with fun things for the children and with our soap (as we wanted to give some away to our guests).
 Andrew got the sled hooked up behind his 4-wheeler for giving rides...
 
The guests started arriving around 2. We played lots of games and visited and ate and visited and played games....
 
 
The M. family from MN came over again, and Jordan S surprised us by coming quite a ways to join in the fun too...
 
 Paula M. took this picture of my mom and I playing a couple duets. Lauretta and her siblings played some very nice music for a while too, but I was playing Dutch Blitz at the moment so didn't get any pictures of that...
 Chris & Sarena came--yay! :) They look pretty cozy there, battling it out, don't they?
 The "Sledding" was popular even into the darkness of evening...
 Andrew was good at giving challenging or gentle rides, depending on how confident the rider was, and he didn't run anyone into anything dangerous (almost, but not quite).
 This picture is similar to the one earlier, but it has Paula and Thaddaeus in it, so I thought I'd share this one too...
 Dad and Mae F, playing pool while Paul F watches...
 
If I counted correctly, counting my family, our shop was occupied by 34 people that afternoon and evening. Sure was fun!
 
 Complete with babies to hold...
(Lauretta and her niece)
 
"Supper is served"...
 
 The guys had the wood and the corn stove running, so it was nice and warm out there this year!
 Michael D. came from MN again...
 
It was such a great way to celebrate a new year coming in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A beautiful bouquet from a friend...  :)
 
 Michael stayed with us a couple days and we taught him how to play the Cities and Knights expansion to Settlers of Catan.  He helped us clean up after the party and we played several other games as well before he had to leave.
 The sun and it's "Dogs" this morning...
We've been thoroughly lazy today, but I do believe we'll be very ready to get to work tomorrow, now that the holiday season is over. It's time to roll up our sleeves and dig into the work of 2015!!!
May God bless us, every one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cora! Lovely post! Looks like ya'll had fun! :) Boy, that piano must have been nice, gee, I bet it was a tad heavy to haul in though ;) Those sled rides behind the fourwheeler sure look like fun! What neat games! I like playing pool! :) Jacob looks good in the leather! ;) What delicious looking food too! Oh, I'm so thankful the Lord decided to merge fellowshipping with good food! ;) Oh, and babies to hold as well! What a complete evening to welcome in the New Year! And pretty sundogs! Thanks so much for posting, I do so enjoy reading these kinds of posts! Miss ya, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.