Thursday, April 30, 2015

Questions and answers...

Yesterday morning found us busily sorting off animals to sell at the Napoleon salesbarn. 
We sold all 10 of our bulls. 

Q. Can you guess what my dad said about these guys?
A. "That's a LOT of beef!"
Q. Think I'll miss the bulls??
A. Not a smidgen  
 Q. Where do you even start with deciding who to sell as cull cows?
A. Start with the ones you're sure about. 

We ended up hauling in 20. The rest we'll try to sell on BisManOnline soon.
 Q. Will we miss the babies every Spring?
 A. Yes, except for when they do dumb things like this one did.... 
 I had to rescue him when I got home this evening, as his head was very much stuck.

Q. Were we planning to have old friends from the North stop in this morning?
A. No, but it sure was a pleasant surprise! (It was really good to see you, Ward & Carol B.) 


Q. What were the guys doing in our fields today?
A. Putting down fertilizer.

 Q. When I brought the Littles over to the farm today, what did they want to try to do?
 A. Get the chickens to go outside.
(It didn't work the way they had hoped.)
Q. Who is that kitty that Johanna is playing with?
A. My Gingersnap kitten who showed up last year at an Appleseed.


 Q. Who just pulled in the yard with a car full of groceries and seed potatoes and onions and milk and...?
A. My mom.

Q. Where is Jacob sleeping tonight?
A. Down at Dave's cabin near Linton, where he's working for a couple days again.

Q. Did the bulls and cull cows sell well?
A. Yes!

Q. Is it time for me to just post this?
A. Most definitely.

2 comments:

  1. Q. Was this blog post enjoyed by Emmy? :p
    A. Yes, very much so! She loves your unique posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It was cute and fun. : )

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.