Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day; pictures; and Name-that-thing!!

We spent the day together as a family yesterday, which is a good thing, because today, we were doing many different things!
 
My dad and Andrew were out cleaning grain again, then my dad loaded up some sunflowers for a farmer that he'll haul to Enderlin in the morning.
 
My mom and I spent the morning writing out our share of the thank you notes for all the gifts/food that was shared at Grandpa's funeral...
 
A dear friend stopped in for a few minutes to visit, (plus she brought us a delicious fruit tray with yogurt-fruit dip and meat/cheese/crackers as well--yummy)!   Friends are such a blessing to life!
 
Jacob and I spent most of the afternoon out in a couple of the fields by the farm here, popping rocks out with this machine (I found and marked them, then Jacob dug them out) and picking up a couple tractor-bucket loads full of smaller rocks that were throughout the field.  There are still many more rocks to pick, so if anybody is looking for an opportunity to build their muscles....  ;)
 
 As it was Mother's Day, we did spend the evening all together----eating, gift-giving, and then watched "God's Not Dead".  :)

 Jacob took the picture (below) of Mom and I today...

I am SO grateful for my mama----and for all that she has done to bless this family over the years!!! May God bless her in return----with much joy, good health, and peace in abundance!
Here is a link to a neat song about mothers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgG7YlY-IF0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I was looking through pictures that I had on my phone and thought I'd post some of them here... 

This is the smallest potted plant I've ever seen!  It was a gift from "My" girls.  :)
 A robin in the snow last week...
 Having fun with old hats...
 
Me in blue...

 
I don't know if anybody remembers when I used to post a picture and have you all guess what it was?  Well, I thought I'd post a picture like that again, for old times' sake...
 
 I saw this picture and am guessing some of you may not know what this "Thing" is, so if you'd like to leave your guess as a comment, I'll wait a couple of days to post your guesses and then we'll see if anybody guesses correctly!  :)

 
Happy guessing!

4 comments:

  1. I loved your post. And I love your Mama. I always pray for her and you all. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Jacob's graduation.

    I have no idea what that "thing" is. But I am guessing it has something to do with farming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can guess is a roof vent, but I'm sure you wouldn't have taken a picture of something so boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cora-
    Thank you for posting! I like the lovely picture of you and your Mom! We shall have to talk more about that movie "God's not dead", I have wanted to see it!
    My guess on that "Thing" would be some sort of tire...tractor, maybe but that could be to big! Hey...that was fun! :)
    blessings,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what it is but it looks like something a farmer would make :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.