Thursday, March 12, 2015

Geese, flowers, and a corn chopper!


This was a somewhat eventful day...

I went out a tiny bit after 7:00am to milk Sally and heard the snow geese honking already then. At noon, I decided to go get a picture of them, as there are just so many!!  

It truly felt like Spring today, what with temps in the mid 60s and birds chirping away everywhere as if their supper depended on it. Oh, and Jacob even got the feed truck stuck, since there was so much "Muck", so he gave me a call to pull him out with the 9030, since Dad, Mom and Andrew were all gone. 

Later, we got out the screens for the kitchen windows and patio door and aired out the house a bit. Then, we headed outside again and I gave Jacob a haircut out of doors---first time I've ever done that in March!
 Isn't this a sunshiny bouquet? Paula gave it to me yesterday for my birthday. :)
My dad was up at 5:00am this morning and left to look at and possibly buy a 4-row corn chopper from a guy south of Dickinson. They came to an agreement on the price, and my dad started the 220 mile trip home, going about 40MPH. He made it in time for supper. :)

 It needs some work, so I hear, but we have some time yet before harvest. ;)
Well, those were the highlights of the day. 

I haven't heard a word from Andrew today, so I guess that means he's busy learning, visiting, and enjoying Texas.  Everyone needs a break from time to time, so I'm glad he had this opportunity to go South.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.