Monday, March 23, 2015

Pictures to get ya'll caught up again...


Hmmmm, it's been a while since I posted I see. Guess I got distracted when a certain fella came from MN. :)

Michael arrived mid-afternoon on Thursday. My mom and brothers had left already for the Home School Convention in Fargo. My dad was working on rolling up old barbed-fence wire in the pasture by the farm, as that fence all has to come out before planting trees there this Spring. Michael & I walked out to help him...
 We got all of the wires rolled up and just have some posts to pull up later....
 On Friday, my dad, Michael, Paul and Mae F., and I went over to the Orr consignment (equipment) auction at Jamestown. My dad was interested in this tractor....
 ...and not just because it had a Kintyre sticker on it either! Dad bid on it, but it went for more than he wanted to spend. We didn't buy a single thing at the auction (Michael and Paul did though).
 No, Michael did not buy that interesting looking contraption. :)  
There are a lot of things to look at at an auction like that! 
 The next day, the three of us went over to church at Alfred, ND. Mrs. K had invited us to join them and some others for a meal after the service, so we enjoyed getting some time to visit with friends there, and when everyone else had left, we had a good talk with Pastor Steve. Oh, and it was neat to learn of one of my mom's (and mine too) friends there who reads this blog often and it gave us lots to talk about, as she said she felt like she knew me really well (Hi Donna).

That morning, a heifer had a bull calf. When we got home, another heifer was just calving (another bull calf). It was a very windy and cold afternoon, and the second baby wasn't getting going, so we ended up getting the two of them in the barn and feeding the calf some colostrum. Later still, after sunset, another heifer calved. When Mom and the boys returned, my brothers helped us get that heifer and her baby in a barn and fed it a little too to get it going. It was just too cold out for wet babies to feel motivated to get up and nurse.  We haven't had any more calves since then, but the 4 that are here are doing well. PTL!

On Sunday, Michael's car was put in the shop and up on the lift, as he'd noticed strange noises and was wondering what was wrong?
 My dad went to Bismarck for parts while Michael and my brothers disassembled a few things. 
Here Jacob and Michael are working on getting the brake pads to stay in where they're supposed to be...
 Dad and Michael, putting it all back together...
 Meanwhile, Andrew asked me to do a sewing project for his grain cleaning rig, so I sewed those 4 greyish things in this picture, using the heavy duty sewing machine that's still out in the shop. Andrew was out cleaning today and said they worked very well, so that was good news.
 It was pretty late when Michael left, due to the car problems (he suspects that I've been sabotaging his car so that he has to stay longer... ;) ), and he got home right at midnight, then had to get up early to milk cows this morning before heading to his fur-handling job down south. It sure was a special time having Michael here for that long and it was good to be able to work together more this time than we have in the past.

Last night, we had to pull a calf from an old cow, and sadly, the calf was dead. Hopefully the cow will pull through this now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent this day with Zach & Paula's Littles.  :)

Vonn is growing by leaps and bounds.  His smiles are so contagious!  
 It was fairly warm and still today, so we spent a couple hours out of doors...
 The little man, all bundled up and sleepy...
 Anyone remember doing this when you were little?? Anyone still do this, now that you're not so little?
 When I got home, Andrew asked for my help with feeding cows.  While he was loading silage onto the truck, I got a picture of a couple of our babies...
 The silage pile is getting smaller...
 Filling up the truck...
 Hungry cattle...

 They got a haybale too...
There, now you're all caught up again. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the fair weather and the stormy, we have a Father who cares for us 
and is wishing to hear our praise and thanks. 
God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.