Monday, May 4, 2015

Another catching-up kind of post...


 The weekend was a busy, but mostly pleasant one. Having Michael here made it especially special!! 

Here, we were playing a game of Scotland Yard.  "Mr. X" got caught. :)
 Sunday morning, we tagged about 25 calves. It was a bit of a rodeo! It was great how Michael just jumped right in and made some great calf-catches. :) I didn't get very good pictures of that time, as I was kept busy making tags and keeping the tagger "loaded".
 Around 10:00am, my mom, Michael & I got to the Braddock Hall to set up a table to sell soap at the craft fair that was being held from 11:00 to 3:00 that day...
The coffee soap; tractor-shaped soap; and lime soap were the best sellers. Oh, and the rubber ducky soap was all sold out too. :) 

Michael & I stayed until a little after noon, then headed home so I could make something to eat for the rest of the family and then we were going to be around for if a guy came to load out cattle. The guy did come, but is sending his truck for the cows on Wednesday or Thursday.

Wanna buy some soap???

 "Oh, we're supposed to look at the camera? :)"

 While waiting for the potential cattle buyers to arrive, my dad went and finished planting a neighbor's field for him and the rest of us (my brothers, Michael, and I) went out to a couple of our fields around the farmstead here and picked random small rocks we found.

Jacob fired up a dirt-bike for Michael to have some fun with...

 Andrew also dug out some MONSTER rocks with the backhoe attachment. He then had to get his tele-handler out there to pick up a couple of the giant rocks he dug out, as the tractor couldn't lift them.

Time that I had left with Michael here was ticking away, so we took some time to sit in the sunshine and talk and read in a book we're going through together. After supper, he had to say goodbye and head for home (about a 5 hour drive). I sure miss him when he's gone!!
 Mom asked me to take a plate of supper down to Jacob who was putting down fertilizer (the other two guys were digging a trench across the road for the new house's sewer)... 
I spent most of today over babysitting the Littles, although I did plant the potatoes Michael gave me 
(all 8 kinds, including blue and purple spuds!). 

While I made a meal, Johanna and Tracy were out on the deck steps, playing with a kitty...

 Guess what?  
This adorable baby that I care for is actually sitting now, so it really was a day of "BABY-SITTING"!
 It was a beautiful afternoon, so the Littles and I spent a few hours outside. The wagon is getting to be more and more of a workout for the person pulling it these days! ;)

Johanna seems to be wondering what she can do about that baby who is squishing her, and Tracy Jo was complaining about him kicking her. He just won't sit still for long these days. 


He sure is a sweetie-pie!

Between the two of them, Dad and Andrew got a field of oats planted today. Jacob was gone working for Roger, and my mom did mountains of laundry, as we had water, due to Dad hauling some water in for the cows.

There, now you're mostly caught up again. 

2 comments:

  1. Ya'll have the most interesting games! Who was X? :p Looks like you had a lovely/fun weekend! Your soap is really cool! I like the idea of rubber ducky soap bar! :) How nice of Michael to just jump in and help where needed! And I have to say, the photo of you and Michael sitting together going through that book is sweet! ;) Nice rig too! Got your crops planted yet? OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, and I LOVED that video of baby Vonn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is suuuch a cutie pie!!! And even rolls over, hehe he should have a puppy to play with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell who Mr. X was, as it's a secret. ;) .....The small grains are all planted now, just in time for the RAIN!!! ....and I agree about the puppy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.