Thursday, May 7, 2015

RAIN!

The last 2 days have been misty/rainy. We've had about half an inch total, and it is so nice to see mud again. Plus, the guys have all of our wheat and oats planted, so it's wonderful having all those seeds getting watered.

 Yesterday, we had another guy from Velva, ND coming to buy cows, so I asked my mom if she'd like if I brought the Littles over and she could watch them and I'd help with the cows, and she said that was what she preferred.  So, after getting everyone ready...
 (Johanna putting a huge sock on Tracy Jo's foot)
 ....we went over to "Tora's" farm.  The girls always love getting eggs, and Tracy thought she'd feed the chickens some wheat too.
 While Mom watched the children, I helped the guys tag the new calves...
 Awwww, so cute!
 The buyer wanted 19 head, so it took a couple hours to get the cows in; wait for him to pick out the ones he wanted; and to get them sorted off and finally, loaded.  We were waiting for a trucker to come for the 12 heifers and their babies, but he was delayed or something and said he'd come this morning at 9:00.
 We were wondering if the trucker would get stuck in our yard, but thankfully, that didn't happen. This trucker thought we lived over by Pingree, so he was 2 hours late when he finally arrived here this morning. But, the heifers and calves all loaded well and they should be settling into their new home by now.



















This morning, while we were waiting for the trucker, my brothers and I went to Napoleon as we all had business to do: getting brand release paperwork to the salesbarn; putting very nice deposits in the bank; Andrew paid off the loan for his home, so it is now HIS!; Jacob made a payment on the grain-cleaner he's buying; and I went grocery shopping and stocked up on cake-mixes, as they were on sale.

This afternoon, my parents went to Bismarck to run a bunch of errands and pay off some bills. They said they'll be late tonight, as they were going out for supper too.

My brothers and I got down the Summer clothes from the attic and started switching our Winter/Summer clothes around. I went out to the garden and planted most of the flowers (bulbs and plants) that arrived in the mail yesterday. That was a muddy job, but I wanted to get them in.  Afterall, it is SPRING and time to plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.