Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Life...

My dad went to Britton, SD today (about a 3 hour drive one way) to look at a no-till drill.  He took pictures and showed them to us all when he got home.  He did have a little trouble on his trip...  After putting gas in Andrew's little car that he was borrowing, he pulled ahead a bit and turned it off while he went inside to pay his bill.  When he got back in and turned the key, the car did not start.  He tried again---nothing.  He checked some mechanical things and said it was several minutes before the car finally (thankfully!) started! 
 
My mom wasn't feeling the best (please pray for her again) and spent a good part of the day just resting.  She was doing better this evening and even milked Sally for Andrew so he'd get a break.
 
I worked in the kitchen a while, then worked on reading through my blog and jotting down notes to refresh our memories of what all happened this year so my mom can write the newsletter.  Later, I dug out my paperwork for taxes and worked on that.  Ugggg!   After supper, I listened to a few messages by Mr. Voddie Baucham while working again on slip-stitching the binding on my quilt (I've done about 7' total so far---it takes a while).
 
Andrew took the generator off of his grain-cleaner today and hauled it up to the shop.  He said it needs some major work before the cleaning season starts up again.  He'll use the shop-lift to get the generator up where it's easier to work on.  Later, he fired up his snowmobile and drove it up the road to check on the hunter's house (they pay him to do that all winter long, just to make sure the furnace is still running). 
 
Jacob worked on schoolwork.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that it is his Senior year!  Where has the time gone???
 
 
"...teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."  ~ Psalm 90:12
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.