Thursday, January 16, 2014

White-out!

When I finally had the courage to crawl out of my nice warm bed this morning, the sight outside my windows was very white.  In fact, I couldn't see out of my windows, as there was so much snow blown onto them.  When I got to the kitchen, I could barely see the swingset across the driveway.   Just as I was getting ready to bundle up and head out to find and feed the animals, Paula called to let me know I didn't need to head over until around noon, as she was going in to work later due to the blizzard.  Thankfully, the wind went down some by the time I left the farm to go babysitting and I could actually see the road.  PTL!  That's always helpful.  :)
 
The girls and I had a fun afternoon (after they woke from their naps), as we played space-ship; read books; and after supper, we went down in the basement and played hide-and-seek with flashlights until their daddy came in...
 
I'm not sure what all my family did while I was gone.  When I got home, they were all out at chores---my mom and Jacob taking care of the milking and small animals and my dad and Andrew were feeding hay and a bit of ground feed with the feed-truck. 
 
I spent a couple of hours this evening working on my quilt and blind-hem stitched about 2' worth of the binding on.  Maybe I'll be finished by spring?  :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved the modesty poster that you posted a couple days ago. Thanks so much for letting me know that you all are healthy enough to go to camp! When you do return to blogging about family camp in a few days, tell if this is the same camp that you attend on Labor Day, and if not, then tell where your winter camp is located. I so wish we had something like that as your whole family seems to enjoy it. Have a wonderful time of fellowship!

    Our family is headed out this weekend for the city of Waukesha’s Winter Janboree with free use of snowshoes at the nature center, free use of the tobaggan run, and three fun shows of acrobatics, juggling and comedy, free entrance to the museum with a theme of the Olympics, and free entrance to the YMCA with swimming, crafts and cookie decorating. We always have a lot of fun packed into three days.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.