Monday, February 16, 2015

More about Michael's visit...


Well, let me see, where did I leave off telling of our "doings"? I told you all that Michael came a day early and surprised us all, right? Before it got dark, I went with Michael to see if there were any coyotes who would answer the call Michael brought with him for that purpose. But, after sitting very silently in the snowy grass for a good while, nothing was happening, so we went back to the farm for supper. Michael went out Sunday morning again for a couple hours and did a lot of walking, but still no coyotes were in sight.

In between those times though, Saturday (Valentine's Day), we had a fun day of playing games, after singing/Bible time, and some of my family members took naps as well. Michael and I are reading through a book together that brings up a lot of good questions to discuss, so we spent some time on that. That evening, we watched a Sherwood film.

For supper on Saturday, we all went out to eat at Reuben's in Napoleon. 

Two sweethearts...
I know my dad has his eyes closed in this picture, but I just love their smiles, 
so couldn't resist sharing this one!
 This fella needs to find his sweetheart yet...
(Maybe he should change the expression on his face first? ;) )
 This one just enjoys making us laugh... 
(Mom and I were each given a carnation at the restaurant.)
 ...and these two are sweethearts in the making, if God wills it??


 The bouquet of flowers Michael surprised me with...
 (the chocolates WERE very good too, but I didn't take a picture of them)
 Sunday afternoon, we (Jacob, Michael & I) went on a little adventure to see this place:
 Want to guess what we saw there (that little dot on the ice)? Yes, a COYOTE! 
 The shelter on the hilltop...
 My car where I left it when we decided to walk the rest of the way...
 Jacob, warming his hands by the....what?
 Two young people you might recognize...
 This was right before Jacob took the picture of us that I posted last night. We were kneeling/sitting on a  slanted rock when I started slipping off....  
 Speaking of slipping off....what IS he doing now?
 Oh, well, maybe he was just having some more fun, pretending things...
 It was pretty there, in a rustic sort of way...
 Think he can make it to the top?
 No problem! Must be nice to be so tall...
 After we were done exploring, I took Michael to meet and visit with Zach & Paula for a few minutes. Michael left last night after supper. He had some car trouble on the way home, but thankfully, he got home safely at last, a little after midnight. 

I'm gonna miss this guy, but am glad for the many ways we can communicate these days!
Please join us in praying for wisdom in the days ahead...

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing pictures Cora! I am still amazed at how the Lord works relationships out for His glory! So glad you had a lovely time!!! Thanks for sharing, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.