Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More shingle removal!

My dad had grain to haul this morning, and the boys worked on fixing a farmer's 4-wheeler, so my mom and I pulled up the beets and cut off the cabbages in the garden and I did some more tilling.
 
After lunch, we all went up to rip shingles off of the north side of Andrew's house.
 
It was a very windy day, so the willow tree looked pretty bare and the ground was covered with a crunchy blanket of orange...
 
 When we weren't taking the 3 layers of shingles off,
 we were picking apples that were in the way...
 My mom must have found my phone, as this picture was on it.
  Jacob, me, and Dad--pulling hundreds of nails out of the wooden shingles...
 The apples are REALLY tasty!
 A little over 2/3rds done...  We did get them all off just as it got dark tonight.
That was a very dirty job! It will be nice to put up nice, clean chip board and tin next time!  :)
 


1 comment:

  1. WOW, love the orange crust on the ground! Pile those up into a big HUGE pile and jump off the roof into it....Haha, never mind, that may not be the greatest idea. :/
    Hmm, the Lord sure was thinking when He planted that apple tree there. He thought, "Andrew Bornemann will one day own this place and he, plus his family will be ripping the old singles off the roof to replace it with green tin so I will give them a delicious snack while they work!" ;) :-) His ways are awesome! ~Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.