Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wet wood...

This morning, we saw rain on the radar and hustled to get the chip-board up on the north side of the house so the water wouldn't go in all those cracks you can see in this picture.
 
 My dad had to leave when we were about half done, as a farmer needed another semi, as my dad's semi that he took over yesterday was almost full. Dad took the full load of sunflowers to Enderlin then and still isn't home, so there must have been a line. It gets busy over there at this time of the year.
 
My mom rode back with dad to the farm to work in the kitchen (where she cooked us up some tasty soup), which left my brothers and I to finish with the wood. It started to sprinkle, so we worked faster and managed to safely get the rest of the pieces up before it really started to pour. Did you know, wet wood gets to be pretty slippery!
This afternoon, Jacob helped me shred cabbage and then I made several quarts of sauerkraut for the winter. We do not can our kraut, but instead, add salt to the cabbage and a little hot water and let it ferment.  Yummy!  :)
 
 
Andrew worked on that 4-wheeler some more for a rancher and Jacob went out and helped him after helping me, and they got it working, so they're pleased. They were also pressure-washing vehicles.
 
 
Please keep my mom in your prayers as she continues to try to figure out all of these health challenges she has. It must be hard to be in pain all of the time...  Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. Your Dad looks so much like Andrew, I had to do a double take! ;) Love these pictures, so happy for you that ya'll have such helpful equipment for a roofing job like this! :)
    Praying for your whole family, esp. including your Mom ;) Blessings sister, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.