Sunday, October 19, 2014

Roofin'...

Yesterday, in the late part of the afternoon, Andrew and I headed East about 60 miles to some friend's house for a bonfire/cook-out/ice cream social...  There were many friends to visit with there, so we ended up staying really late and getting home early in the morning.  Even though we were tired this morning, it was worth the fellowship!  ( I was too busy visiting to think of taking any pictures!)
 
 My parents, brothers and I were all home all day, so we worked on Andrew's house roof during the daylight hours. Over the course of the day, we got all of the old shingles (of which there were 3 layers in most places---2 asphalt and 1 layer of old, dirty wood shingles) off of the south side of the house and then got all of the chipboard screwed on. Hopefully the guys can get the tin on that side tomorrow. My mom was up there with us this morning, helping to pull out all of the little nails that rip through the wooden shingles and stay very stuck in the boards on the roof.
 Screwing on the chip-board...
Measuring for the little piece Andrew had to cut for the top....
 
 One of my friends commented that I should ask one of my brothers to take a picture of me----for proof that I was helping too.....so I did (ask Jacob and I did help on the roof all day too).  :)
 
 ....the basket that we're on belongs to Zach and I can't even IMAGINE what it would be like trying to do this work without it!!! Scary thought!
Getting the East side done...
 
Then, the middle part... That was the easiest part of anything we've done so far, as you could easily stand on it, so it was much easier to work on.
 :)
 My mom cooked us up a regular picnic meal and we enjoyed the beauty of the Autumn day, eating out of doors...
 Isn't this tree just gorgeous??? 
 Yes, it is indeed Fall....
 Little Andrew, way down on the ground (he was cutting the boards we needed and running the telehandler quite a bit, although he was up on the roof a long time too when we were ripping the shingles off).
 
Almost done for the day....
 
 "The sun is sinking in the west,
The cattle go down to the stream,
The redwing settles in her nest,
It's time for a cowboy to dream..."
 
Yes, it was a good days work and God kept us safe, so we have much to be thankful for!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.