Sunday, August 18, 2013

Chokecherries!

My mom and I picked enough chokecherries today to choke about a dozen horses!  We didn't eat a one of them either (we're on the Master Cleanse for several days).  Just thinking about their tartness made me get a funny taste in my mouth though.  :) 

 Our steamer is still cooking as I type, making all those little berries into yummy sour juice that I hope to make into jelly tomorrow. 

The menfolk kept busy working on the combine and changing the oil in the black pickup. 

There is thunder and lightning here and we're hoping and praying that it pours down rain sooooooon!  It's been so long since we had any rain....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cora! It's been a long time! I have been so busy on the farm I didn't notce you'd gotten a new blog. I like it :) And I loved the post. hope to be able to view it more often!
    ~Virginia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and writing, Virginia! :) It's nice to hear from you again....

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.