Thursday, August 1, 2013

Feeling trim-er and healthy-er...

My mom and I have been following the guidelines (meaning we don't do everything perfectly...) of the "Trim Healthy Mama" plan since March and have been so happy to be feeling healthy (in my case) and better (in my mom's case) and having our clothes fit much better! 

The plan is really a life-long change rather than a diet to be used at whim.   A person loses weight gradually and healthfully.  The nice thing about the plan is that you can eat all food groups, you just need to know how to combine them (or when not to).   There are some changes in dairy and sweeteners too, but it's very doable.  

 I/we highly recommend the book to everybody (not just mamas).  I heard the authors are now writing another book which will have a plan for everybody, rather than just aimed at mamas (it will be called Trim Healthy Me).   If you'd like to know more, please get the book!  The authors (sisters) have a fun writing style and write about so much more than just food. 



You can find the book here:  http://www.amazon.com/Trim-Healthy-Mama-Pearl-Barrett/dp/0988775115/ref=sr_1_1_ha?ie=UTF8&qid=1375417452&sr=8-1&keywords=trim+healthy+mama

I was going through some year old pictures today while working on a picture-project and found 2 photos of my mom and I just 1 year ago in July. I thought I'd post them here so you can share in our joy if you like. :)   We still have a ways to go, but it's so nice to see improvement....  

To be completely honest, I should mention that we've also changed our drinking water (we have a Kangen water machine now), so I'm sure that's played a role in better health too. 

I sadly started putting on weight while working at the nursing home 3 years ago----not eating the way I was used to, plus I'm sure there was added stress I wasn't used to that didn't help anything either.  It's so nice to be going in the right direction again!!! 

Last July:
This July:

My mom last Summer in July...

My mom today:   
 
I'd love to hear from any of you who buy the book and especially if you try the THM plan!  
 
I wonder what next year's July pictures will look like? 

2 comments:

  1. I love the book! It is easy to read and understand. The plan is one that you can be on the rest of your life. I haven't lost much weight but I feel that is due to being hypothyroid. Usually when I am hypothyroid I gain alot of the weight I had previously lost. Being on the THM plan I haven't gained any. I am so thankful for that. If you have weight to loose or just want to eat healthier, get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this book around lately. Thanks for your review of it. I like that she tells you what to eat/not eat together like that. Good concept. I must say you both look lovely! You certainly do look like you're feeling healthy, and your faces just *shine* with it! :D When I eat healthy I notice one of the first things is my complexion gets better, and I can see that in your face and your mom's. :) So glad you've found something that works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.