Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nectarines!

That one word pretty much sums up my mom and my afternoon and evening!  We got through 3 large lugs of nectarines (we're canning them and have 40 quart jars full so far) and still have 2 lugs to do.  :)  They are just SO yummy.... 



I also made several bunches of grapes into 2 quarts of grape juice and a little bit of thickened grape sauce that was supposed to be healthy jelly, but it didn't set up the way it was supposed to. 

I made a big kettle of chili and cooked a chicken, plus we made a nectarine crisp, so Mom and I had a very good day---spent mostly in the kitchen.  This morning, we got several fliers all ready to go and then mailed them.  They're invitations to a Kangen water meeting my mom is hosting on Monday in Bismarck.  Her friend, Anna, and Anna's up-line, Doris will be coming to do a presentation.  Everybody is welcome to attend...

My dad hauled grain, then went to Aberdeen for combine parts.  The boys worked on raking together some of the second-cutting windrows so they don't have to make so many passes over the field with the baler.  I think they may have cut more hay down too?

Tomorrow, I'll be babysitting.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.