Thursday, August 15, 2013

Family photos!

Family camp is coming up the end of this month and this year the S. family will be putting together a directory of the families who will be there so that people can put names to the faces and have contact info. for everybody.    One of the things they request of each family is to include a recent family picture.   Seeing as we did not have one of those, we all put on some nice clothes this evening and headed outside.  The following are some of my favorites...  Now---to decide which one to send!  :)


 "Thank you, Lord, for this family I am a part of."
 A nice one of my mom...
 By the Colorado Blue Spruce...
 This picture turned out so funny!  My mom looks scared or surprised?
 It's really hard to get everyone looking nice (eyes open, for example) on the same picture!
Fun times~

Yesterday was a very long and very fun day...  At 7:00am, I headed over to the closest M. family (Gary and Kristi) that I babysit for.  Later, Zach brought Johanna and Tracy Jo over.  The 5 children and I played all kinds of things, indoors and out.

After driving the little misses back home once Gary got off of work, I headed over to  Lauretta's house.  I call it Lauretta's now, as Sarena is gone a lot these days, preparing Chris and her' future home and making hay for their herd.  Sarena was actually there though, so we had lots of fun!  We stayed up until nearly 2:00am, discussing wedding details; I curled their very long hair which took a while; we tried out different hairstyles/makeup for the upcoming wedding; we had Lauretta be the model and tried to figure out which of the 3 veils Sarena has will be the best and how to attach it........   Of course, we just talked too, and looked at pictures.  I stayed overnight then as it was so late and got home this morning--almost in time for chores. 

Speaking of chores, there are now 2 more mouths to feed.  Andrew went to Mandan yesterday and bought some bottle calves as our current ones really do not need the milk any longer (although they'd beg to differ). 

I baked bread today and made applesauce cookies for the menfolk.  The house smelled really nice when my dad got home from trucking and the boys returned from hauling hay home.  They are now officially done with haying season.  Oh yes, my mom and I hauled a load of water to the cows this morning too, so that took a couple of hours...

Good night~ 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, these are all so sweet! :D I love your family.

    Yeah for the haying being all done. And glad you were able to enjoy some time "playing dress-up" with your friends and making more wedding plans. :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.