Sunday, August 4, 2013

"New" equipment---and friends...

BisManOnline has been a blessing to our family many times already!  My dad found this header for the combine on BisMan one night and called the gentleman right away.  It was a good thing he did as the guy who bought our red combines told my dad that he saw the same add a while later and called the man who said it was sold already (to my dad) and that he'd had about 50 calls on it already...  We won't need this header this year, but it's nice to have it on hand for next year. 
 
 I think I told you all about my brothers buying a backhoe attachment for the tractor and a snowmobile trailer?
 They had to go to Fargo to haul them home....
 The guys are doing some major tire and rim repair on the combine...

Yesterday afternoon, Andrew and I hopped in his little car and headed for the Geiger's house for a supper/game night.  We stopped and picked up Lauretta on the way. 

We had a lot of fun playing "Things" and "Pit" and just visiting.  Mr. Geiger led a devotional and everyone sang hymns/praise songs for a while.
 This is most of our group.  I'm hiding behind somebody way in the back, as is Andrew and a couple others, but this gives you an idea of the people who were there.   Several of the young guys in this picture were from Minot and even the Geigers had not met them before, so it was nice to meet new people.  Of course, it was really great to visit with old friends too and Miranda and I even had time to talk for a long time in person for a change.  :)

It was early morning when we finally said our goodbyes and headed for home.   I was grateful that my mom did the goat chores so I could sleep in.  Andrew got up and milked his cow as usual, so I imagine he's pretty tired tonight!

Today was full of hay-hauling/cutting for the guys and kitchen work for we ladies.  The wind blew lots of our green apples off the tree last night, so we're making lots of apple pectin...

Good night all~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.