Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Corn!

I should get a picture of it.  When I got home from watching "My" little girls this evening, there were several cobs of corn sitting on the island in the kitchen.  They were sorted into 6 piles and I later learned that my dad went and picked the corn from each of the corn-fields that are away from the farm here.  He had us try to guess which fields the corn was from and I was way off, and I think the others didn't do so well either.   There is actually some corn out there, thankfully!  I don't know how it's hung on this long as well as it has without water?   Thankfully, it rained 1/4" last night.   That's the first rain we've had in a loooooooong time.  I'm not sure what my dad is thinking now about combining or making silage.......

I had a good day with Johanna and Tracy Jo.  We built tents in the living room; had picnics/tea parties on the deck when it wasn't so hot out; made clay animals; took walks on the treadmill; drew pictures; read books; sang songs; washed dishes and Johanna helped we wash off the fridge/stove/dishwasher; and they took long naps.  It's so nice that they're feeling better again.  Now their dad is miserable with a cold, plus he put his back out tonight again, so he could use some prayers. 

We are getting excited about the Labor Day family camp coming up this weekend!  Tomorrow I plan to pack and make snacks to take along, as Andrew and I are planning to go over on Friday already to help with camp-prep work.  Should be fun!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.