Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gum paste lilies...

I was home today and had fun working on several projects.  First off, I got the yogurt going as Andrew saved a gallon of milk (poor calves) and later I strained it to make it Greek yogurt.  Then, I quartered a kettle-full of sour green apples that have fallen off the tree to turn them into apple pectin tomorrow.  My next project was experimenting with making gum-paste lilies.  I watched a video on YouTube and cut a couple of lilies from the garden to look at and this is what I came up with....
(My flowers are in the background of this picture.)

 I still want to try some other techniques, but was fairly pleased with how they turned out.
 :)

The guys worked on the combine again and my dad hauled some rims up to Steele to be repaired.  The men who bought the 3 combines came to take a header and one of the combines to their farm.  It will be nice to have more room in the yard without those big red combines just sitting there! 
 
My mom did phone sessions and we cleaned the house as we thought company was coming, and then that didn't end up happening.
 
Oh, Andrew bid on a backhoe attachment for a tractor on an online auction and won the bid, then Jacob bid on a snowmobile trailer and also won that auction, so they'll be heading for Fargo tomorrow or the next day to see what they bought, to pay for it, and then haul it all home.  ;)
 
Andrew replaced the light-switch in the bathroom tonight while Mom was milking Sally, as the switch was getting "Spasmodic" as to when it worked and when it didn't.   I love country life and it's many different changes and challenges that come day by day!   Sometimes we watch "How it's made" on the computer and imagine what it would be like to have a job where you sit and, for example, polish handles for dressers ALL DAY LONG, every day.  Talk about boring! 
 
I'm thankful for an un-boring life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.