Sunday, August 17, 2014

Archery...

Andrew and I went down to the range this morning to do some target-practice.  My mom joined us later, but then I left to go make some lunch and so I don't have pictures of her shooting.
 
After running some ammo through our pistols, we experimented with my bow...
 
 
I REALLY like this kind of "shooting"!  :)
 
 Andrew tried being back about 50 yards,
and actually got several arrows on the cardboard (lost 1 too--oops)!
 This was my best grouping (standing back about 25 yards):
  Lots of room for improvement, but better than I thought I'd do.
 
After I went back to the house, Andrew sent me this picture of his best grouping.  NICE!!!
 
The guys loaded up the old Massey combine and some old headers to go to the scrap-metal-yard tomorrow.  My mom and I got some apples cooking for juice and sauce and washed and hung out all of the sheets/bedding from up at Andrew's place (7 beds worth).  I harvested our first large head of cabbage from the garden.   
 
Shortly before supper, Andrew said he wanted to go swimming, so my mom and I joined him and we played water-volleyball for a while.  Now we just have to figure out how to get Jacob and my dad in there and we can have some real splashing fun!  :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Cora! Oh, yes archery is soooo much fun! I have shot with a bow only a couple times and enjoyed it very much! Looks like ya'll had fun! What a blessing for the rain! Busy times on the Bornemann farm! :-) God bless your family tonight! Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.