Monday, August 25, 2014

Daily update---and a bit o' humor...

My dad, mom, and Andrew spent part of the day in Bismarck (Dad delivered the scarp metal and the other too did a lot of errands----Andrew even got a new volleyball). Jacob helped me by picking up apples up at Andrew's place while I did some work inside the house.
 
 I had the kitchen to myself for most of the day and put it to good use....making apple sauce, juice, butter, and a kettle of tomato soup to can tomorrow.  The house smelled REALLY good!! 
 
This came in my e-mail Inbox this morning and I thought some of you may find it amusing as well, so I'm sharing it here:
 
 
 
The boys had been up in the attic together helping with some cleaning. The kids uncovered an old manual typewriter and asked her, "Hey, Mom, what's this?"

"Oh, that's an old typewriter," she answered, thinking that would satisfy their curiosity.

"Well, what does it do?" they queried.

"I'll show you," their mother said. She went downstairs and returned with a blank piece of paper. She rolled the paper into the typewriter and began striking the keys, leaving black letters of print on the page.

"WOW!" the boys exclaimed, "That's really cool -- but how does it work like that? Where do you plug it in?"

"There is no plug," she answered. "It doesn't need a plug."

"Then where do you put the batteries?" they persisted.

"It doesn't need batteries either," she continued.

"Wow! This is so cool!" the brothers exclaimed. "Someone should have invented this a long time ago!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.