Sunday, August 3, 2014

Makin' hay-stacks...

(No, not the kind that you eat.)
 
My dad went out and started baling up the oats hay this morning.  Right after lunch, my brothers and I joined him out there.
 
 Now that's a LOT of twine!
 Jacob bunched the bales and loaded them on the hay-truck when I brought it back...
 Jacob loaded 8 bales up, then I drove the truck to the hay-yard and dumped them there,
then drove back for another load.  We did that for a few hours.
 Andrew was in the hay-yard, stacking the bales as I brought them...
 The hawk in this picture kept me company. 
 He would fly from bale to bale, and sometimes from windrow to windrow.
Then, there was this bright green grasshopper that popped in my window for a short visit...  :)
 The hungry tractor, going for more bales...
 Uh oh.  A spring broke?  Good thing my dad is so handy at fixing things!
We got rained out around 5:30.  It rained and rained---half an inch.  :)
 
"Thank you, Lord, for the rain
and for strong equipment to move all those tons and tons of hay around!"

1 comment:

  1. BALING...YAY! That will be a blessing come those hard cold North Dakota winters! The cows will be happy! ;) So do ya'll enjoy using the baling twine better than baling wire?
    Happy to hear that ya'll got some rain too! Such a blessing I am sure! Happily, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.