Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Many more pictures of a shiny red roof (and of how it got to be that way)...

I won't write about each picture individually, as I do want to get some sleep before midnight, but I wanted to share more pictures of the reroofing project for future days when we look back at this day as a memory that happened "way back when".  :)
 
My dad cut/pulled the tree out of the way...
 
 Ripping 2 layers of shingles off...
 My dad and I were the main nail-pullers while the others were the shingle-rippers...
 
 
 Andrew did most of the chip-board cutting in the shed...
 He ran the telehandler too...
 Getting extension cords hooked up...
 
 
 Jacob...
 We had SUCH a great team!!! 
 Andrew T. and Hristiyan were a huge blessing!
 The view from way up there....
 Somebody, please hand him a violin so he can be the fiddler on the roof!
 My dad used to be on a carpentry crew, so he looked very comfortable up on that roof!
 
 Now for the tin!
 
 
 *Note* My mom was helping too!  She helped Andrew B. hand up the tin to us and picked up several thousand nails with the large magnet we have, plus kept us supplied with water and cooked meals.  She also took most of these pictures.  I took some of her, but they're on Andrew's phone, so hopefully I can get those sometime...
 
 We saved this side for Monday...
 Looking at the results of our labor...
 For a couple mornings/evenings, I went over to Zach and Paula's to do a couple quick chores for them while they were gone on vacation.  One of those chores was watering the pigs....
 
After supper Sunday evening, Andrew T. had to head for home.  Shortly after he left, Lauretta and most of her family came over to play volleyball for the rest of the evening and into the night.  :)  It was Thaddaeus's birthday, and he really enjoys volleyball.  It was REALLY fun, as we're all improving and we spent quite a bit of time hitting the ball instead of running for it!
 
Early Monday morning, we were back at ripping off shingles...

Look, the sun is shining through the roof!
 
 
 This is how far we got before stopping for lunch...




 The platform/cage we're standing on belongs to Zach.  It was SO helpful!!

 
 Look out for the wasp nests nearby!
It was about 5:30 when we said our goodbyes to Hristiyan and my mom and Jacob headed up to Rugby with him to meet up with the rest of his family...

Dad, Andrew and I did the chores, then went back up to Andrews' and finished the building by putting the ridge-cap on...

 Don't fall down!!  We're so thankful to God for His protection over us yet again!

 
 PUTTING IN THE VERY LAST SCREW!!!
Ta-daaaa!
Now that we have a little experience, Andrew hopes we'll help him with his house roof!
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I babysat the princesses for part of the day (Johanna and Tracy Jo, I mean. 
They LOVE playing princess...). 
 
 When Paula got home, we visited about life for a while.  :)  She's SO nice!!
 
After getting home, I picked raspberries, then washed the chokecherries the guys picked on Friday and juiced them.  My mom had cut the broccoli from the garden, so I turned that into broccoli cheese soup for supper.  And, I milked Sally tonight.   The others were working on and washing vehicles and Andrew went to Bismarck for parts.  Mom had clothes on the line when I got home.  She also helped Jacob clean up his Rover, as a guy was going to come look at it tonight, but he never did...
 
It's been a good day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.