Friday, August 15, 2014

What a great day!!

Andrew took me to Bismarck and we went shopping!!!  Fun shopping...
 
 (my brother thought it was too) 
 
....for things like this:
 
 I've wanted a bow and arrows for many years, (probably ever since I was little and had a small toy plastic bow with suction cups on the ends of the arrows) and today my dream came true!!!  :)  I bought it at Scheels and one of the nice workers there took us in the little room pictured above so we could test out the bow.  I had never shot one before, so he had to teach me what to do first, but I did hit the outside of the circle target, so I was pleased.  I'm looking forward to practicing now!!
 
Another thing that's been on my wish-list for a while is a pistol.  Andrew drove me to all of the gun-shops (that we know of) in Bismarck and Mandan and we looked at a LOT of pistols!  At Jay's Pawn Shop in Bismarck, Andrew highly suggested that I pay the small fee to rent a .380 pistol and to shoot it at their indoor range to see if I wanted to buy a gun of that caliber. 
After shooting 5 bullets, I knew I wanted something less scary. 
 Some of you are probably laughing at that last sentence, but, well, it was scary! 
Andrew thought it was a great gun to shoot.  Hmmmmm
 I bought a .22 cal pistol and look forward to getting very comfortable with using it in the days ahead!  Maybe, someday, I'll be ready to move up to bigger and louder things?
Oh yes, Andrew also found the part for my car at Napa, and that wasn't too expensive, so I was glad about that.  It was just a great day----spending some fun time with my brother and having dreams come true!
 
 
When we got home, Andrew worked on my car
and I helped Mom finish up with the house-cleaning and laundry. 
My dad was cutting down some alfalfa hay.
Jacob was over working for his farmer boss(es) all day.
 
 
May your weekend be sunny and bright and cheerful and lovely! 
Remember to spread God's love and joy around!

3 comments:

  1. Oh...fun stuff!!!! Gun shopping...that's the perfect kind! ;) I love doing that with my brothers! :)
    Happy for you to have made a couple neat purchases! Thanks for sharing! Gunstruck, Emmy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You look VERY pretty while your shooting the .380 pistol! I love that color and is that a real rose in your hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your fun comments, "Gunstruck" Emmy!! :) But not, that's just a little ol' fake flower. :) I thought it was pretty anyway. Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.