Friday, August 8, 2014

Company!

 
What a busy day!!!
 
This morning, my mom's cousin Kristi and most of her family came for a visit!  I was mixing up some bread dough in the KitchenAid mixer and didn't even hear them drive in, so I was very surprised when they opened the door and I realized they were here!!  The M. family is from WI, and are traveling with a group of people (many from their church) who stop in all the "Big cities" of North Dakota and speak/hold up signs about being pro-life and hand out literature about Measure 1....
 
OH, and see that guy way on the left in that red shirt?  You may recall seeing him (Hristiyan) on my blog when he came and stayed/helped on the farm for a week at a time for the past couple of years.
 After a garden tour, my parents took them on a pasture-tour to check the cows this morning.  Later in the day, Andrew took all of the boys to town.  They said it was to get a part for a vehicle, but I think the main reason was to buy ice cream.  ;)
 
Yes, we played volleyball... 
 Cousin Kristi, setting the table...
 After supper, 6 more of their group came from Bismarck (they're all staying up at Andrew's place tonight), so after making them some supper, we had some good volleyball games and played late into the evening.
I did some cake-baking all afternoon for a friends' wedding on Saturday (I'll decorate it tomorrow).
 
And now, I'm pretty tired and feel like I'm not even thinking straight,
 so I'll wish you all a good night and get some sleep myself!


1 comment:

  1. WOW...Cora, I am SOOOOO behind in leaving comments for ya! Hmm....Well, here is one to make up for it all! ;) I really like this post! And esp. all the pictures of ya'll playing volleyball!
    Looks like a GREAT time had by all! I hope the Lord blesses your cake decorating!! I know that it will look just WONDERFUL! Please post some pictures, ok?! ;) Love, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.