Friday, July 19, 2013

Andrew will be our shoot boss this weekend!

Due to a tire blowout (and damage done to the vehicle), Alex will not be able to come and be shoot boss this weekend.  Andrew contacted 2 other shoot bosses and they were both busy and unable to come.  The 2 instructors in training that could possibly have helped are also not able to this weekend, so Jacob will be Andrew's helper on the line.  Fred (the toppest of the top in the Appleseed program) wrote and gave Andrew permission to be shoot boss and to continue with our plans for the shoot.  Andrew is very near being shoot boss officially anyway and just has a test to pass yet....  SO, things are not going as we thought they would, but God will work it all out as it's supposed to be, I'm sure.

We had a VERY busy day here and my feet and legs are actually tired tonight. 

The trucker came this morning to load up the combine we sold.  The combine will be going down to Mexico and then later, after some repairs are made on it, it may be sold down into South America.  That's a long distance for one little green combine to travel!

My mom and I did a lot of weeding in the garden all morning. 

The Geiger young men came and got some screenings from a neighbor (my brothers helped them load a tote full), then they  joined us for the noon meal before taking the baler they bought from us over to our Hazelton land to take it for a test drive, so to speak.  Andrew went with them to show them the ropes.

My dad went to town, then went over baling until dark.   When he got home, we had supper.

Before that though, here at home, we were busy cleaning and cooking and baking and mowing and getting things ready for the shoot tomorrow. 

And now, I lay me down to sleep..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.