Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Exercising with little girls...

Johanna had me laughing today!  She wanted to exercise with me (I guess she's watched me before-- doing crunches and the like).   SO, she put down a small blanket on the floor for her and a larger one beside it for me.  We did jumping jacks and stretches, touching our toes and things like that.  When I did something that was too hard for her, she just attempted somersaults.  :)  Then, Tracy Jo got in on the fun and soon we were all laughing and the girls started dancing in circles.  They're so fun, almost all of the time.  They're getting to the age where sharing is a challenge and patience truly is a virtue.    We blew bubbles too and went for a wagon-ride walk.  We worked on letters and numbers, then played with foam shapes.  Tracy is talking more and more each day, so that's fun.  Shortly before I left, we helped Zach (Tracy is his real name, but it's less confusing to call him by his nickname) husk a few tiny corncobs for pickled corn and Tracy Jo ate for sure 1 and maybe 2 corncobs freshly husked.  Yummy!

My dad was happy today!  A man came to look at one of the MF combines Dad had advertised on BisManOnline and he ended up buying all 3 of our old red combines.  Now we're down to just 1 combine.  That's a strange feeling!

Andrew's happy too, as he found a good deal on tires for his pickup and went to Bismarck to get them. 

My mom was happy, as she was home all day and made a roast for lunch with fresh potatoes and carrots. 

I'm not sure if Jacob was happy about anything specific today or not, but he seemed content this evening.  :)

~Proverbs 17:22 (KJV)
" A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cora,
    You surely will live to a ripe old age with the merriment in YOUR heart. :) I'm so happy that you have found your sweet little girls!
    Love you always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.