Sunday, July 14, 2013

Family time...

I spent the morning decorating a cake my grandma requested I make for the birthday get-together today.  :)  We left here after eating lunch (noon) and got to Mandan around 2:30.  It was good to be with family again.  There were also several elderly ladies there who live on the same level as my grandparents do.  My brothers and I ended up sitting with them and enjoyed our visit.  One of them was from a family of 19 children and had some fun stories to tell.  Another one mentioned that she's related to the Empters (the family that plays button accordions) and that they are moving to our neck of the woods here soon, so that was neat to hear...    

My grandpa also did something very nice for his 3 sons:  He had a plaque made for each of them (written in calligraphy) that was a blessing from a father to his son.  It's really nice and meant a lot to his sons.  Grandpa Earl said that his grandpa had a plaque like that made for his son, but Grandpa's dad sadly didn't pass it on to his son(s)  (my grandpa).  My dad blesses us weekly, but perhaps he'll pass on the blessing on the plaque to his sons someday?

We needed to leave the birthday party early to attend a meeting.  Jacob did the chores for us, for which we are all very grateful! 

And now, there's a busy week ahead---filled with haying and preparing for the Appleseed Shoot this coming weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    May God bless our busy hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.