Monday, July 1, 2013

Want to join us for the 4th?

I'm feeling behind on picture posting, but it will have to wait a bit longer, as there is so much to be done out of doors these days that our days are long and the hours of sleep are precious.....  SO, I'll give you a quick farm update and be off to dreamland.  :)

We returned from Prairie Days yesterday around 8:00pm and Andrew helped my dad finish the chores while Jacob carried everything in from the pickup; my mom put things away; and I made some supper.  My dad said the biggest excitement he had while we were gone was when he was across the road from our house (filling the water tank) and saw a baby skunk walking towards it's hole under the cement over there.  He grabbed the garden hose and started spraying it and, by that time, another little skunk had showed up, so he sprayed both of them with water.   It sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?  Spray the skunk before it sprays you?  ;)  The cold water made them sluggish, so my dad stomped on them and they were no more!   Thankfully, they didn't make a stink.

Today, I went over babysitting for Johanna and Tracy Jo until Paula came home around 4:00.  After I got home, the sky was cloudy and perfect for transplanting, so I stuck the squash and cucumbers (my mom bought some on Friday as ours never did come up) in the ground and watered them well.  Then I did some tilling and weeding until the guys got home at supper time.  They said my dad finished baling the first cutting of alfalfa and the boys were stacking the bales and should finish tomorrow I think.  They had some company while working, as the F. boys rode along with them to get some farming experience.  :)



My mom was in Bismarck all day again.  She brought home some supplies for the Independence Day celebration we're hosting on the 4th.  We'll have supper (potluck style) and games (volleyball, water balloon toss, relays, ping-pong, pool, etc...) and music (around the campfire, of course), and will have fireworks when it gets dark enough to enjoy them. It would be fun to have you, dear readers, so join us if you can!   Just bring some food to share and head on over--anytime after 1:00pm would be great! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I don't think I can make it to ND by the 4th but that would be awesome! I still would love to meet you even though I've probably changed quite a bit since the last time we were in contact! How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hannah,
    Thanks for the comment! Sorry you couldn't just hop, skip and jump the few hudnred miles over for the 4th. ;) I do hope to meet you someday! I would be interested in hearing your story of how and why you've changed since we talked last.... Hope we can talk someday!
    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.