Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Painting the outhouse!

This evening, my mom and I started painting the outhouse.  We're over half done I'd say and it's looking a lot different already.  I'll be taking pictures when it's done to show y'all (  y'all---as our friend, Virginia would say).  :) 

We also worked on many odd jobs today.  This morning, while Jacob and my dad were up fixing fence and after the chores were done, Andrew fixed our tall sprinkler with the parts my mom brought home yesterday; he and I put a plug in the cattle water fountain that was leaking and isn't being used; he showed me how to change the water filter for the house; and my mom and I mowed off the shooting range.  This afternoon, it was too hot for working outside, so we worked indoors.  We made up a list of things to accomplish before this weekend.  We don't always finish everything on our lists, but it gives us something to work towards....

While looking for ideas for another project, I came across this website with SO many interesting uses for wooden pallets:  http://dishfunctionaldesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/god-save-pallet-reclaimed-pallets.html .  I thought you might enjoy seeing these ideas too...

I'll be babysitting "my" girls tomorrow.  It seems like forever since I've seen them!  I think it's really only been 5 days, but that's close to forever.

Oh yes, Mom and I also hauled the big sprinkler (it's heavy!) over to the playground area and are letting the water be sprinkled all night long.  Our grass was withering! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.