Saturday, July 6, 2013

Celebrating Independence Day~

 
We were so glad that 3 families came out and joined us in celebrating on the 4th!  Here are some pictures that show how pleasant a time we had:
 
Our red, white, and blue bouquet...
 My dad and Andrew decided to hoist up a flag for the first time on our tall flag-pole.  :)
 This flag was the one they draped over my great grandfather's casket in honor of his service to our Country...    A special flag for a special occasion!
 I made some cupcakes to share...
 We played several rounds of water-balloon-toss.  There were many more of us playing than are in this picture, but I was one of them and only took this picture after Josephine and my balloon exploded...
 Enjoying the shade...
 My dad and Mr. F. (and May), also enjoying the shade.  It was pretty hot outside for a while...
 Playing Boccee...  (Chris--Sarena's fiance, Sarena, Josephine, Lauretta, and my mom...
 Andrew went for a tape-measure when the boccee balls were too close to judge accurately just by looking at them...
 Our teams were pretty close in skill (and lack thereof too), so it was fun... (Thanks for this picture, Jacob!  That's me in the red and blue, Andrew behind me...)


 
I love Summer!!!
 We played several games of volleyball later in the day when it cooled off.  I don't have any pictures of that though.    The M. family came then and joined us.   Here everyone was enjoying the swings...
 When the sun went down, it was time to "Do" fireworks...
 ...and it was also campfire time (which included smores!).  :)
 The boys and a couple of the men set off the fireworks and the rest of us enjoyed the show!
 I wonder, do most people enjoy the smell of fireworks?
We sang and visited around this campfire until 1:30 in the morning, once the fireworks were finished...
I'm glad somebody borrowed my camera and snapped some pictures.  This is me, trying to roast a marshmallow and not myself...   I ended up waiting a while until the flames died down a bit!
 Fountains are so pretty!
 Awwww...

I hope you all had a wonderful time of celebrating too.  May God continue to bless the USA and the families that live here! 

3 comments:

  1. Hello dear friend! {Surprise, it's me!} ;)

    I'm happy you all enjoyed such a pleasant Independence Day celebration! Looks like so much fun - love all those games. My your mother and your dad(?) are so far apart on that balloon toss game - I never get that far before dropping mine..I have a terrible throwing/tossing arm. ;) Lol. Lot's of fun though!

    Fireworks and s'mores are a perfect way to spend an evening. :)

    We spent the day doing misc. things - me making some treats for my brother's birthday that was the day after, and dad grilled burgers. We did get to see a few fireworks across the street from us but they were mostly behind the trees. :) A nice relaxing day.

    Talk to you again soon!!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the surprise comment, Rachel! :)

    I'm glad to hear you had a relaxing 4th... Fireworks are fun to watch! We did have a great time with our friends... And yes, my parents and the F. parents were quite a ways apart, but I think both their balloons splashed that very next throw. ;)

    Praying you're all doing better.

    Love and hugs,
    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the nice pictures! Our email, phone number, and address are all on our maze blog if you ever want them :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.