Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Busy days...

It was so nice to spend a whole work day at home!  My mom and I spent at least an hour scrubbing the Pacifica shiny clean.   I used the pressure washer for the first time too, after Jacob showed me how. 

 Next, Mom pulled everything out from under the kitchen sink and I got some tools and pulled the soggy flooring out as it was sinking down.  We cleaned that all out and put the fan on it for a while.  It looks/smells much better now.

Later, I made some desserts (and made yogurt!) and we tried a new recipe for pheasant with greek yogurt for supper.  I also picked all of the strawberries, which there weren't very many of, but will be enough for a few breakfasts.  :) 

We worked on laundry, dishes, chores, paying bills, etc.....   Then I worked on a wedding present I'm making for Chris and Sarena (I won't say what it is here, as I'm not sure if they read my blog or not and want it to be a surprise.) 

The guys worked on getting the combines field-worthy again.  They might have worked on other things too, I don't know.  Oh, my dad went to Linton too, and checked the cows.  Lauretta stopped in for a bit too.  My mom called her brother to wish him a happy birthday. 

So, yes, it was a busy day.  

We watched a Waltons episode this evening and I think it was the funniest one yet!  I haven't laughed that much in a while...  (Mrs. Walton got a perm and it didn't turn out how she thought it would!!!  Her family's reactions were priceless!)   

Rest well everyone!

Here is a quote I read this evening which seemed very fitting for this day:
 
"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." 

Does anybody know who said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.