Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pictures from a while back...

I found several old pictures on my camera that I thought I'd post this evening.
 
This was the cake I made for my Grandpa's birthday party (and the other friends/family who had birthdays around that time of the year). 
 

One day when I went over to babysit, Johanna asked to "Go to your house", and as I didn't have definite plans for the day, we went to my house to see the animals and play with the tiny box of toys we keep on hand. 
These sisters get along pretty well and Johanna is protective of her "baby Tracy".
These are the flowers my mom bought about a month ago and we planted in the front flower bed.
The granite patch...
The brake-drum flowers...
This is what the garden looked like when we first planted it.  I need to get some current pictures!
Oh, and this is the blend of grains we ground up for the chicks when they were little.  Now we just grind up the beans as they can eat the rest whole.
 
Today was a quiet day mostly.  The guys were gone working on hay all day and just got home for their supper.  I went up to Steele at noon to meet Moses G. who had some chickens for us.  We trade their family grain for chickens.  :) 

Later this afternoon, my friend and former coworker, April came out to visit and to give us her goldfish,"Blubber".   She's had him for 11 years, so she was a bit sad to give him up, but it needed to be done as she'll be gone at school a lot here soon and even will be going to Rome for a few months.  We put the fish in the stock tank with our other goldfish.  Hopefully he will do well there.

My mom and I spent some time in the kitchen cooking up a few different concoctions.  We fried a kohlrabi that Paula's folks had given me and that was pretty tasty.  Then, we did chores and got cleaned up.  Now I'm going to go visit with my dad and brothers for a bit before it's time to head for bed.....  Good night and God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. The farm looks so nice. I like that granite patch. When we had baby chicks we always made our home made food for them, too. They did well on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty cake! What a creative way to divide it so you can have different names on it. Smart thinking! ;)

    Aww, those little girls are so sweet. I'm glad you enjoy your work and having something so worthwhile that you can help in.

    I LOVE your garden! All those pretty little touches around the farm must make it so sweet. :D

    Love and Hugs, my friend!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.