Monday, September 9, 2013

A lasagna garden...

My brothers pulled the old rose bushes out from in front of the deck so Mom and I could build up a lasagna garden there to be ready to plant pretty flowers in the spring.  :)   The soil there is rock solid, so hopefully this will work.   If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can learn more here:  http://ourgardengang.tripod.com/lasagna_gardening.htm.  We made several gardens this way at our other farm and it made the soil so beautiful!  Hopefully it will work again here.

I also got my room all back in order--yay!  It was a disaster with all my cake supplies/clothes everywhere, so it's nice to be able to walk in here again.

I didn't mention that yesterday all 3 of our menfolk went over to Braddock to help with and watch the annual threshing bee.  I was too exhausted/sick to go, but have fond memories of past threshing bees.  :)  Here's a picture of Andrew's outfit:  Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.